03 March, 2005

Disclarification

Goodbye and welcome,

I suppose I've been feeling the pull of middle age, the sensation that I've descended into an ill defined cloud, where myself has become an item of dispute, an unfixed point of identity, an incomplete map of personality, an unfinished thought. The notion that the dog has chewed my life'swork. I've already missed all tomorrow's parties, I've stayed too long at all of yesterday's, and I'd be a bad host or an unwelcome guest at my own.

Maybe I just don't want to be the last person I know with a wwweeeBlog.

That said I wanted this first post to resound as a sort of "mission statement" of what was to follow. I had it all worked out in my head, it was going to be articulate and passionate, a welding of my compassionate liberalism, my moral libertarianism, and fiscal conservativism. It was going to be all things to all people and nothing to everybody. That's the gist, I've forgotten all the good bits, so forgive me for leaving out the details. Having raised myself to tenth level pseudo-intellectual weaned on the New York Times Book Review in its golden age during the 70's, I can tell you that the reviews are often better and more important cultural statements than the books. See, you're better off already.

My future posts will probably be a mixture of standard venting over the day's issues, film and book reviews, surreal unrealizable product ideas and a combination of elements doomed to be considerably less than the sum of their parts. Comment if you will, but I will not defend or seek to justify any of my utterances in these pages. If this amuses my friends and alienates a few strangers, and/or verse-vica, I will be content.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 07 March, 2005 16:46, Blogger Rob S. said...

Brian!

Long time no see. Welcome to the world of blogging. I can't wait to see what you write. And by all means, pester Greg to write more. We all do.

Rob Staeger

 

Post a Comment

<< Home